Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My dear friend Liz passed this recipe on to me years ago... it is flexible as far as veggies you want to add. Pretty basic stuff. But the V-8 adds a nice kick and this remains a favorite recipe.
- 453.59 g stew meat
- 907.18 g bottlev-8 spicy vegetable juice
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 453.59 g can green beans, drained
- 2-3 red potatoes, cut up into large chunks
- 453.59 g bag baby carrots
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat in small amount of oil.
- Add canned tomatoes and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables and enough V-8 juice to cover.
- Let simmer until cooked through.
- You can season as desired with salt/pepper.
I was surprised to see a V-8 beef stew, but it sounded so good! I browned the meat, and then put the diced tomatoes in (after the meat was drained), along with the diced onion. In this mixture, I added: thyme, currie, salt, pepper, ground peppercorn, and celery flakes. After about 10 min. of cooking, I added the V-8, about 1 cup of beef broth, frozen veggies and a small can of carrots. I am boiling the potatoes separately (not too soft though) just to speed up the cooking process. It smells SO good! After tasting the "roux" it is a 5-star! I can't hardly wait to grab the saltines and Enjoy. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe.
This stew beef recipe is great. It different from the way I have been doing it. This is much better, the V-8 juice gives it a another dimension. Will make again. I omitted the carrots,personal preference.