Recipe by FloridaGrl
This is a recipe I got from our favorite little Cuban restaurant. DH LOVES this!
- 1 lb sirloin tip steak, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pimientos (to garnish) or roasted red pepper, strips (to garnish)
- cooked green peas (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Brown the beef tips in oil. When half cooked, add green pepper, onion, bay leaf, garlic and paprika.Cook with tomatoes over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Place potatoes with meat and tomato mixture in casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes. Decorate with peas and pimento strips.