Good served with crusty bread and a salad on a cold night. It's a pressure cooker recipe, but it's easy to adapt to conventional cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth (more if you're not using a pressure cooker)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or more beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 slices orange rind, each about 2 inches or 1 teaspoon grated dried orange peel
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, parsley and bay leaf, tied in a cheesecloth or just used some dried herbs, crushed, and a bay)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Brown beef in oil in a skillet or pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- 2Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Reduce heat and add onion, garlic, and 2 T of the broth.
- 4Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- 5And remaining ingredients (except the beef).
- 6Stir well to dissolve the tomato paste.
- 7Add beef.
- 8For pressure cooker: Cook at high pressure 15 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and use natural release method.
- 10For stove-top: Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes or so, until beef is tender.
- 11Remove rosemary springs and herb bouquet or bay leaf.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew with Orange and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (1093 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1723.5
- Calories from Fat 953
- Total Fat 105.9 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 497.5 mg
- Sodium 645.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 144.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: