1/1 Photo of Beef Stew with Cuban Coffee Gravy
1 hr 25 mins
James Craig's Note:
This recipe was printed in the "Cooking Light" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boned rump roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup no-salt-added beef broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup taro root or 1 cup potato
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup whole pitted dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded chayotes or 1/2 cup yellow squash
- 1Trim fat from beef and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- 4Add beef and cook 5 minutes or until browned.
- 5Add coffee and next 4 ingredients (coffee through garlic) and bring to a boil.
- 6Cover and reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- 7Add taro, mushrooms, dates, and capers; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 8Serve over rice; top with chayote.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew with Cuban Coffee Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 277.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added beef broth