Recipe by ColdspringCook
Now that I'm an older, more patient (retired) person I have more time to cook some of Debbie's recipes that I'd only tasted before. This is yummy and very filling! It's especially good on a cold day!
- 1⁄3 cup unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In paper or plastic bag, mix flour and salt; add meat, a few pieces at a time and shake to coat.
- In large Dutch oven, brown meat in oil.
- Add water, bouillon cubes and pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, celery and onion; cook 15 minutes.
- Prepare biscuit mix as package directs for dumplings, adding cheese.
- Drop by spoonfuls over boiling stew.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes longer.