Recipe by bmcnichol
My family enjoys this stew.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Had to add a little (dash) onion and garlic salt to this, thought it needed more flavor ( personal preference).. also left out the carrots. Cooked it for 15 minutes. Good dish, and enjoyed during some cold weather here in the midwest. Made for PRMR tag...
- 2 -3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups water
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat on all sides.
- Add onion salt, pepper, garlic salt, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 1 hour.
- Add carrots and onion.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in green beans.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and cheese.
- Stir in enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Drop by tablespoonful into bubbling stew.
- Cover and simmer 12 minutes (do not lift cover) or until dumplings are done.
- Serve immediately.