The Unwatched Pot. The recipe doesn't specify what kind of beer, but I'd use a good dark one.
Make and share this Beef Stew With Beer (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 12 small onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf, crumbled
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together and coat beef cubes.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Discard fat.
- Mix together beer and seasonings.
- Place beef, bacon, garlic and onions in cooker. Pour liquid mixture over them.
- cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
DH loved this. It was very very liquidy, so he ate it over rice. The recipe didn't specify how to cut the onions, so I sliced them. Also, it didn't say where/when to add the mushrooms, so just put them in with everything else, it worked fine. I didn't use a dark beer, but will try one next time.