Recipe by dicentra
The Unwatched Pot. The recipe doesn't specify what kind of beer, but I'd use a good dark one.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
DH loved this. It was very very liquidy, so he ate it over rice. The recipe didn't specify how to cut the onions, so I sliced them. Also, it didn't say where/when to add the mushrooms, so just put them in with everything else, it worked fine. I didn't use a dark beer, but will try one next time.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 12 small onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together and coat beef cubes.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Discard fat.
- Mix together beer and seasonings.
- Place beef, bacon, garlic and onions in cooker. Pour liquid mixture over them.
- cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.