1/1 Photo of Beef Stew With Beer
2 hrs 10 mins
what are we eating tonight?'s Note:
This is my mother’s recipe. Simple but delicious! It tastes great with French fries or mashed potatoes and is great for the cold winter days!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the garlic and the onion and cut it in half rings.
- 2Heat up some olive oil in a large pot and brown the meat.
- 3Stir in the garlic and the onion and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- 4Warm up the beer and the broth and add it to the meat.
- 5Add the thyme, pepper & salt to taste.
- 6Let it all simmer with the lid on, for about 2 ½ hours until well done.
- 7Clean and cut the mushrooms in half and add them to the stew.
- 8Mix the cornstarch with a bit of cold water and thicken the stew to taste.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew With Beer
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.7
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 209.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 44.4 g