1/1 Photo of Beef Stew With Beer
2 hrs 10 mins
what are we eating tonight?'s Note:
This is my mother’s recipe. Simple but delicious! It tastes great with French fries or mashed potatoes and is great for the cold winter days!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the garlic and the onion and cut it in half rings.
- 2Heat up some olive oil in a large pot and brown the meat.
- 3Stir in the garlic and the onion and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- 4Warm up the beer and the broth and add it to the meat.
- 5Add the thyme, pepper & salt to taste.
- 6Let it all simmer with the lid on, for about 2 ½ hours until well done.
- 7Clean and cut the mushrooms in half and add them to the stew.
- 8Mix the cornstarch with a bit of cold water and thicken the stew to taste.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew With Beer
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.7
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 209.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 44.4 g