This is my mother’s recipe. Simple but delicious! It tastes great with French fries or mashed potatoes and is great for the cold winter days!
- Peel the garlic and the onion and cut it in half rings.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large pot and brown the meat.
- Stir in the garlic and the onion and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Warm up the beer and the broth and add it to the meat.
- Add the thyme, pepper & salt to taste.
- Let it all simmer with the lid on, for about 2 ½ hours until well done.
- Clean and cut the mushrooms in half and add them to the stew.
- Mix the cornstarch with a bit of cold water and thicken the stew to taste.