Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe that I created when I couldn't find a stew recipe that I liked.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 4 large potatoes, pared and cut up
- 1 lb carrot, pared and sliced
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 6 ounces condensed beef broth
- 6 ounces tomato soup
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Cut stew meat into smaller pieces if desired.
- Place in pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, Kitchen bouquet, and paprika.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Layer potatoes, then carrots, then celery, then mushrooms on top.
- Add pressed garlic and bay leaf.
- Pour tomato soup and beef broth over all.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
This had good flavor but I would not add the potatoes at the beginning again. the potatoes were very overcooked, I would probably put them in at the end ( bringing back to pressure for a few minutes) or cook them separately.
I thought this was a great, simple recipe. Cooked it at 15 lbs for about 20minutes. This makes me want to use my pressure cooker much more often. My potatoes were just fine. I used Russet.
I fixed this stew today, and my family loved it! We think it is much better than the 5 hour stew that I bake in the oven. So glad Ifound it.