Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This sounds really good. From diabeticooking.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- peel of half an orange
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (14 ounce) canfat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 small potatoes, unpeeled, and cut into wedges
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions, outer skins removed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine beef, wine, oil, orange peel, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and pepper in large glass bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place beef mixture, mushrooms and tomatoes in large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add enough beef broth to just cover ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Add potatoes, carrots and onions; cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink.
- Remove meat and vegetables from skillet with slotted spoon; cover and set aside.
- Discard orange peel and bay leaf.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into skillet with sauce.
- Increase heat to medium; cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return meat and vegetables to sauce; heat thoroughly.