- 2 lbs chuck, cut in to cubes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine, perferably zinfandel
- 12 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- sprinkle meat cubes with pepper. lightly dredge them in the flour.
- in a large pan bown meat on all side,in two batches in oil.
- drain off all but 1 TP of oil. then saute' the carrot,onions over 'mod' heat until slightly tender.
- add meat back to pan, and the wine,stock,bay leaf and thyme.bring to boil.
- reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until meat is tender about 2 hours season with salt and additional pepper to taste -- enjoy!