Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Foods Pets Die For" by Anne Martin (originally from People Food for Dogs by Kate Merwick) Note: Cooking for your pet is a great way to provide good quality, safe foods. However, you should consult with your vet and do your research to make sure that your dog is meeting his nutritional needs; amounts and types of foods to be fed vary greatly depending on size, weight, age, and any health issues that your dog has
- 1 (16 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup steak, cubed and cooked
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Bring broth, onion powder, and garlic powder to a boil. Add vegetables and beef. Simmer 20 minutes. Combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir into stew.
Banks and Cooper LOVED this!! They insist on TEN STARS! Local grocery had strip steaks on sale (lucky dogs!), they had fantastic stew for dinner and steak bones for dessert! I also added some green beans and spinach because I had them on hand.