Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
After you cook this the first four hours, if meat is a little dry, add 1/4 cup water in the last hour of cooking.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 4 large carrots, quartered and cut into pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Add beef, carrots, soup, bay leaf, potatoes, 1/2 cup wine and onions.
- Cover and bake at 275°F for 4 hours.
- Remove from oven and stir.
- Add peas, mushrooms and remaining wine.
- Cook 1 hour longer; remove and discard bay leaf.