Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is my Mom's recipe and one of my husband's favorite meals. Even better re-heated the next night.
- 1 large beef round steak (trimmed and cubed)
- carrot (peeled and sliced)
- potato (peeled and cubed)
- fresh green beans, snipped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans water
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot and cook for 8- 10 hours.
- Thicken gravy with Wondra flour and serve with fresh warm bread.
This is the new and only way i make beef stew now! Easy and delicious. thanks!!
Put this in the crockpot yesterday morning before work. I added some celery and omitted the green beans just based on personal preference. this was very good, lots of flavor, (I was worried about that with so few ingrediants), and the vegetables and beef turned out very tender. Perfect comfort food for a busy weeknight. Thanks for the great recipe.
This Stew was very good.The Crockpot made it "fuss free" and very tender! The only change I made was to use a Beef Roast. I also added some bouillon, to enhance the flavor. I will make it again! Thanks to your Mom for a good recipe and to you, for sharing it!