Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy beef stew.
- 2 lbs sirloin tip roast, diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, quartered and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1. Brown meat in oil add onions. When browned transfer to crock pot.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or low 8 to 10 hours.
- Salt and Pepper to taste! Enjoy!
Added a packet of McCormicks Beef Stew seasoning, 1/2 bag of frozen peas, 1/2 frozen green beans & a package of button mushrooms. It was hearty & delicious!
I have been making my stew this way for a long time. The only thing I do differently is to add two Tablespoons quick cooking tapioca to thicken juices. A true keeper.
I didn't add any white potatoes because I was serving a potato Kale Hash recipe along side this stew. Great partners. Also I added 3 tbsp Tamarind Salsa to the stew. For added color I added a cup of frozen peas 15 minutes before serving. We enjoyed your stew very much