1/3 Photos of Beef Stew - Crock Pot
9 hrs 35 mins
9 hrs 15 mins
Good hearty stew, you may want to add more seasoning. We like a little cayenne pepper added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil or 1 cup use 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce) or 1 (1 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
- 12 potatoes, medium, cut in half (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) bag baby carrots (about 30)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Rehydrate tomatoes as directed on package, drain and coarsely chop (or use canned undrained).
- 2Mix tomatoes and remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup water and the flour in a crock pot slow cooker.
- 3Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 or 9 hours or until veggies and beef are tender.
- 4Whisk together 1/4 cup water and the flour and gradually stir into beef mixture.
- 5Cover and cook in 3.5-4 quart crock pot on high heat setting 10-15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- 6Remove bay leaf.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew - Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 247.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: