Cook9 hrs 15 mins
Good hearty stew, you may want to add more seasoning. We like a little cayenne pepper added.
Make and share this Beef Stew - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil or 1 cup use 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce) or 1 (1 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 12 potatoes, medium, cut in half (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) bag baby carrots (about 30)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Rehydrate tomatoes as directed on package, drain and coarsely chop (or use canned undrained).
- Mix tomatoes and remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup water and the flour in a crock pot slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 or 9 hours or until veggies and beef are tender.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup water and the flour and gradually stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook in 3.5-4 quart crock pot on high heat setting 10-15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- Remove bay leaf.