Recipe by Mirramar
I worked on my stew recipe for several years before I perfected it to what it is today! Every time I serve this for Shabbat lunch, it's completely devoured. It's ultra simple and always comes out great. If you're making this for shabbos, cook it fully Friday afternoon and keep the crockpot on the "warm" setting until serving. You can also make the recipe by substituting one can of chicken stock with a can of beer.
- 1 -2 lb stew meat
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4-1 cup barley
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice up onions and sautee in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil until translucent
- Cut up the sweet potatoes into medium sized chunks and place in crock pot.
- Put the barley, chicken stock, stew meat, and onions into the crock pot.
- Add the garlic salt and paprika.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.