Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a simple beef stew recipe that was created when I realized that I have bad stomach problems. I am in the process of creating recipes that anyone can eat that still taste good to everyone else too. This is the first of many...
- 2 lbs chuck, cut into 1 in cubes
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
Makes 4 pints
Add to each pint jar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 inch sliver garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup boiling beef broth
- 1 tablespoon corn
- 1 tablespoon peas
- 1 tablespoon green beans
- Chop all veggies except celery to uniform size, about one inch or so.
- Add all of the first ingredients to jars leaving 1 inch of headroom.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic sliver to each pint jar then add the remaining corn, peas and green beans, the last is the boiling beef broth.
- I didn't leave the 1 inch of head space to each jar and they came out fine. Don't worry about the small amount of liquid. When the veggies cook they will produce plenty.
- Process for 60 min at 10 psi.
I did double the amount of liquid and I added 1 tablespoon of A-1 sauce to eat jar for added zip. We loved the recipe. My man is a truck driver and took all the jars with him. Thanks for the recipe.
an added note; make sure beef has no additives and veggies are not from Calif. they use oxigro in the soil and it has msg in it. otherwise this is great....Mote