3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This Beef Stew is even better than my mother's was. It was developed by my partner, Dean Ramsey. You can use venison instead of beef. If you have any questions, e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs round steaks or 3 1/2 lbs stew meat or 3 1/2 lbs cubed venison
- 1 large onion
- 5 medium carrots
- 3 -4 medium potatoes (cut into wedges) or 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 4 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Cube the round steak or venison into 1 1/2" cubes.
- 2Cut the onion into wedges.
- 3Slice the carrots crosswise into 1 1/2" pieces.
- 4Slice the mushrooms.
- 5In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- 7Coat the cubed steak well and brown both sides in the hot olive oil.
- 8In a large stew pot, add the tomatoes, water, rosemary, bay leaves and garlic powder.
- 9Bring to a simmer.
- 10Add the onion, carrots, peas, lima beans, browned cubed steak and mushrooms.
- 11Continue to simmer for about 2 hours.
- 12Then add the wedges of potatoes or macaroni and continue simmering about 1 more hour, stirring occasionally.
- 13Check seasoning for salt and pepper and adjust if necessary.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew Ala Dean Ramsey
Serving Size: 1 (1105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.8 mg
- Sodium 2057.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 79.2 g