Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This sounds delicious and I am going to make soon. I found this on Pinterest. I love that it has red wine and thyme.
- 4 lbs bottom round steaks, well trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 2 large onions, diced (2 cups)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 lb potato, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Coat the beef in the flour.
- Heat a few tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meat, a few pieces at a time, adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and coat the onions; transfer to the cooker.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add to the cooker.
- Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 1/2 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Add the peas and heat through.