7 hrs 30 mins
Jazz Lover's Note:
This sounds delicious and I am going to make soon. I found this on Pinterest. I love that it has red wine and thyme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs bottom round steaks, well trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 2 large onions, diced (2 cups)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 lb potato, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 lb baby carrots (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1Coat the beef in the flour.
- 2Heat a few tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meat, a few pieces at a time, adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- 3Add the onions to the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in the tomato paste and coat the onions; transfer to the cooker.
- 5Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add to the cooker.
- 6Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme, and bay leaf.
- 7Cover and cook on low heat for 7 1/2 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- 8Add the peas and heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 1438.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 52.8 g