Recipe by Rutecki Family
Mom's recipe shows how versatile stew was. The specifics called for? Beef; an assortment of winter vegetables of any amount - frozen or fresh; and for liquid..your choice of tomato juice, water or bullion. For the sake of the recipe program, I randomly picked exact measurements and lazily choose the frozen vegetable route. But if you keep reading you'll find mom's original directions, so relax and do whatever works.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen stew vegetables
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 2 pounds or so of beef in 1-in. cubes, brown in skillet or deep pan, then add an assortment of potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, peeled and diced. Any amount you want. Or use the frozen vegetables from the store.
- Add desired amount of salt, Lawrey's Seasoning, and any other seasoning you wish. A little parsley is good. Add 1-2 cups of tomato juice or water or bullion.
- Bring to a boil, then turn back to simmer. Cook 2 hours or until desired doneness.
- Thicken liquid with 3 tablespoons flour mixed with a little water.