Perfect for slow cooker. Start in the morning and when you get home from work, dinner is waiting for you.
- Peel potatoes and slice into cubes.
- Peel carrots and slice into bite-size chunks.
- Dice onion.
- Place in slow cooker/crock pot in that order.
- Add other ingredients also in order listed.
- Fill crock pot with water leaving an inch or so for steam to build at the top.
- Cook on low setting for eight hours (Sometimes I omit the potatoes and serve the stew atop homemade baked potatoes using the liquid as a gravy for all the veggies).