Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from t.v and everyone who tries it loves it.
- 1 package lean stew meat
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- potato, carrots,and celery
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat in flour and brown in batches in 2 tsp.
- of hot oil, adding oil between batches if needed (do not over crowd.) Place in bowl when finished.
- In the same pot add 1 tsp.
- oil and onion saute about 2 minutes and add garlic and tomatoe sauce.
- Stir about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add meat to the mixture and add herbs.
- Simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables last 30-45 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over rice.
This was great. Before altering the recipe, I tasted it. Very good flavor, simple to make and a good base stew to empty your refrigerator of any leftover vegetables too small to use for anything else.
Very good stew.I added a few drops of tobasco sauce because we like it.Will make again.
This was very good. The smell while cooking was devine. I did add ,1 T horseradish,1 can drained mushrooms,dash worcestershire and a bay leaf. I tossed the meat in 1 T lemon juice than salt pepper and flour. did not add any veg.just thicken the sauce and served it over cooked chopped potatoes. Thanks, 4rugrats with your base and my changes this is a keeper for us.