Recipe by 4rugrats
I got this recipe from t.v and everyone who tries it loves it.
Top Review by John Sauerbeck
This was great. Before altering the recipe, I tasted it. Very good flavor, simple to make and a good base stew to empty your refrigerator of any leftover vegetables too small to use for anything else.
- 1 package lean stew meat
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- potato, carrots,and celery
Directions See How It's Made
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat in flour and brown in batches in 2 tsp.
- of hot oil, adding oil between batches if needed (do not over crowd.) Place in bowl when finished.
- In the same pot add 1 tsp.
- oil and onion saute about 2 minutes and add garlic and tomatoe sauce.
- Stir about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add meat to the mixture and add herbs.
- Simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables last 30-45 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over rice.