Recipe by Mainewmn
Perfect fall meal. The stew has a very nice aroma while its cooking and hardy taste. My family cleans out the crock pot of this stew in one evening. This recipe can be made in crock pot or on stove. The results are equally as impressive. This serves up great with dinner rolls and a salad for complete meal
Top Review by mama smurf
I cut the recipe in half but otherwise followed the instructions. We had enough leftovers for lunch which made DH happy! Easy and great for a cool day. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012 tag game.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs stew meat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 carrots, medium sliced
- 2 white potatoes, large
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 8 ounces cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in large skillet on stove.
- Brown stew meat, place in crock pot.
- Peal one clove of garlic and add it to the pot.
- Peal and slice carrots,potatoes and onion into the pot.
- Add water, onion soup mix and mix well.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Once the meat, and veggies are tender mix in cream of celery soup and 2 tbs of flour.
- Let the sauce thicken for 10-15 minutes.