Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Perfect fall meal. The stew has a very nice aroma while its cooking and hardy taste. My family cleans out the crock pot of this stew in one evening. This recipe can be made in crock pot or on stove. The results are equally as impressive. This serves up great with dinner rolls and a salad for complete meal
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs stew meat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 carrots, medium sliced
- 2 white potatoes, large
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 8 ounces cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Heat the oil in large skillet on stove.
- Brown stew meat, place in crock pot.
- Peal one clove of garlic and add it to the pot.
- Peal and slice carrots,potatoes and onion into the pot.
- Add water, onion soup mix and mix well.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Once the meat, and veggies are tender mix in cream of celery soup and 2 tbs of flour.
- Let the sauce thicken for 10-15 minutes.
I cut the recipe in half but otherwise followed the instructions. We had enough leftovers for lunch which made DH happy! Easy and great for a cool day. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012 tag game.
Great crock pot stew this is! Don't usually do beef, but wanted a change of pace, & this worked out just fine! Made the recipe as given & I had some great comfort food that I shared with a neighbor couple for whom I sometime cook & bake! Definitely a recipe I'll be making again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]