Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love this beef stew recipe that came from a friend. It's easy, very good, and the cooking aroma makes my mouth water.
- 2 lbs stew meat (no need to brown)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup red wine
- Put all in oven proof casserole.
- Cover and cook 2 hours at 350 degrees F.
- Add vegetables of choice and cook 1 hour more.
- (I add baby carrots, quartered potatoes, onions& 1/2 bag frozen peas).
Well, this is just too good to be this easy!! The flavors of the tomato, mushroom, and onion along with the wine come together beautifully!! I added potatoes, carrots and frozen peas. Will definitely make this again!! Thanks GinnyP!!
made this stew last night and also added 1 cup beef broth as we like a lot of gravy. The stew had an excellent flavor and the meat was very tender. I used cream of celery soup as i did not have mushroom soup on hand. The veggies were a bit too crisp for our taste so the next time I make this, i will follow recipe exactly except i will cook on top of stove instead of oven so i can easily monitor the consistency of the potatoes and carrots thanks for posting
This was delicious. It's so easy, it's hard to beleive how good of a stew it makes. Followed recipe, putting in 6 potatoes (quartered), 3 small yellow onions (quartered), 1 small bag of baby carrots (halved) and about 1/2 cup of frozen peas. When it was time to put the veggies in, I added 1 can of beef consomme, not necessarly for flavor (it tasted great already), but because, we like our stew to have lots of "gravy", also 3 small whole cloves of garlic. Sprinkled with fresh black pepper and it was The Best! Thanks this is my new stew recipe from now on!