Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love beef stew. This is my version you can add whatever vegetables you prefer. I love the way the V-8 tastes in this recipe
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons minute tapioca
- Place stew meat into crock pot. Clean, peel and slice or cube vegetables and place in crock pot.
- Mix to combine. Add the V-8, beef broth and tapioca. Stir until well combined. Turn on low for 8-10 hours.
This is wonderful! I too love beef stew and I'm rather picky about it, lol. This is perfect. Simple (you don't even have to brown the beef) and very tasty. I've never made my stew with V8 before, but really loved it here. The only thing I changed from the directions was to add a little salt and some white pepper. And, as is usual with leftover stew, this is even better the next day. Thanks Weeezer for a great comfort meal. Made for PAC Spring 2008.