Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a classic stew that I learned from my mother. It is kid friendly with all the vegetables, and large slices of onion make it easy to pick out of their bowls! I adjust the water and seasoning as I think the recipe on the packet makes it too strong....this also makes it end up more like a soup instead of stew. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups white potatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sweet onion
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopesmccormick beef stew seasoning
- 3 cups water
- Cube beef and roll in flour to cover all sides.
- Cut and Slice all vegetables, then put all ingredients into slow cooker.
- Add water and seasoning, cook 8 hours for most tender beef.
- Adjust water to taste based on strength od seasoning.