Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from a local cookbook. Freezes well. Good for cold days.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced into bite size pieces
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 turnip, cubes
- 10 ounces tomato soup
- 20 ounces water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 potatoes, diced
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix tomato soup, water, salt, pepper, bay leaf and onion mix. Pour into big roasting pan.
- In a second bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour vegetable mix into the roasting pan.
- Bake at 300F for 3-4hrs.