Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Relatively quick and easy beef stew that tastes great. Not too bad on the calories and not too high in fat... Takes longer than I usually like to cook - but while it's cooking you can go do other things...
- 1 lb lean sirloin steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into eights lengthwise
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat over to 500 degrees.
- Place flour in ziplock bag and put beef cubes in bag. Close and shake to cover all beef cubes with flour.
- Place floured cubes in oven-proof pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook in 500 degree oven for 20 minutes, until browned. Remove from ove and place on stovetop on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onions. Cook to soften.
- Add Beef broth, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes. Stir. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour until vegetables are at desired tenderness.