5 hrs 15 mins
Plain and simple. Not rocket science, but you have to use the soup. Put in the oven and walk away. I have tried it in a crock pot but prefer oven method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, trimmed and cut in cubes
- 6 carrots, cut in thick slices
- 2 large onions, chopped coarsely
- 1 large potato, cut into large dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can water or 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can dry red wine or 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can beer
- 1Preheat oven to 275°F.
- 2In a lidded deep casserole dish, combine beef, carrots, onions, potato and bay leaf.
- 3In a mall bowl mix together soup, seasoning and whichever liquid you choose and pour over beef mixture.
- 4Cover with foil and then the lid.
- 5Bake stew for 5 hours, after the first 2 hours check to see if there is enough liquid, check every so often after that.
- 6Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms and finish with parsley, but remember this is stew.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 627.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: