Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really easy way to prepare steak for something a little bit different, with hardly any effort. I used beef fillet cut in this recipe, but rib-eye or sirloin could be used instead. The relish can also be made a day ahead of time, stored in the fridge and reheated just before serving. I have listed the amounts for the veg I chose to serve with this but feel free to serve with what you want.
- olive oil
- 3 beef steak fillets (see note above)
- 2 red capsicums, quartered, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped (I leave a few seeds in.)
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 corn cobs, trimmed and kernels removed
- 300 g red potatoes, halved and quartered, depending on size
- 100 g snow peas
- 150 g asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Roast capsicum skin side up, under grill, until skin blisters and blackens. Stand for 5 min's to cool, peel away skin and slice thinly.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, cook onion and garlic, stirring until soft.
- Add chillies, vinegar, sugar and capsicum, cook, stirring about 8 Min's.
- Meanwhile cook steaks, on an oiled grill plate, or grill or BBQ, until browned on both sides and cooked as desired.
- Boil, steam or microwave vegetables, until just tender.
- You can either do the same with potato and just boil or do as I did, which was to only par boil them, drain, sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder and finally roast in pre-heated oven of 180 degrees celsius, until browned and crisp, so take your pick.
- To Serve: Place vegetables on plate, place steaks on veg and top each steak with capsicum relish, sprinkle with parsley.
done the recipe for dinner, it was awesome, my new favorite
I made the relish and we ate it over sirloin steaks. I din't use your combo of veg TFC, but served up a baked potato with sour cream and a salad. I'd like to make this again when I'm not so sick and try it with capsicums in season.