Top Review by echo echo
I quite liked this, though I made it somewhat differently from the original directions. Instead of marinating & grilling the steak whole, I cut it into strips & marinated the strips, then stir-fried with the cabbage in a nonstick spray-coated skillet. I added a little bit of grated fresh gingerroot to the salsa, too. The salsa turned out quite spicy, but I love that. I warmed the tortillas in the oven, then brushed a little bit of the teriyaki sauce onto the tortillas before filling them. I thought it turned out quite well.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup roasted garlic teriyaki sauce
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage or 2 cups shredded lettuce
Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients; cover and chill.
- Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts on both sides of steak, about 1 inch apart in a diamond pattern, with a sharp knife.
- Combine steak and teriyaki sauce in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and turn to coat.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350* to 400*F/ 175* to 205*C) 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting with reserved marinade.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil, and place on hot grill 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Cut steak across grain into thin slices, and place evenly down center of tortillas; top with cabbage and Spicy Pineapple Salsa.
- Roll up, and serve immediately.