Prep 9 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is this week's winning recipe from the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Jennifer Fernandes.
For beef steaks
- 8 -10 slices beef
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 6 -8 tablespoons steak sauce (American Garden brand preferably)
- fresh ground black pepper
For lemon cream sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic flakes, minced
- 100 g canned mushrooms, thickly sliced (washed and drained)
To be mixed together
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Marinate the beef slices with the steak sauce, ginger and garlic pastes, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, fry or grill them until done.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins and keep aside.
- To prepare the lemon cream sauce, heat butter and oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and stir-fry briefly (for a minute) until the raw smell is gone.
- Add mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from flame.
- Keep aside.
- Mix all the other ingredients mentioned under'To be mixed together' in a bowl.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- When its time to serve, add these ingredients to the pan of mushrooms.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, until the sauce is slightly thick and ready.
- Serve hot with the beef steak, crisp garlic bread and fried potato wedges for a complete meal.