Recipe by wife2abadge
I'm not sure where I got this -- some healthy recipe cookbook probably. Anyway, we like it.
- 12 ounces boneless beef round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 2 T flour and pepper and pound into meat.
- Spray a large (cold) skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Brown meat on both sides and drain any fat.
- Add water and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and keep warm.
- Stir milk and 1 T flour till smooth, then add to pan juices.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Serve gravy over meat.