My husband asked me to make his steak ranchero style, so naturally I went to Zaar to look up a recipe and to my surprise there was none. Well, I've fixed that! Here is one adapted from Del Monte!
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained (or use 1 1/2 cups fresh if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 2.46 ml ground cumin (optional)
- 236.59 ml cooked kidney bean (or beans of choice)
- 78.07 ml sliced green onion
- 4.92 ml jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro (optional)
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley (optional)
- 453.59 g beef steak
- 473.18 ml hot cooked rice
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, cumin, beans, green onions, jalapeno and cilantro in bowl; set aside.
- Season meat with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook over hot coals (or broil) 3 to 5 minutes per side or until done as desired.
- Slice meat thin and top with tomato mixture.
- Serve over rice and garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!