My husband asked me to make his steak ranchero style, so naturally I went to Zaar to look up a recipe and to my surprise there was none. Well, I've fixed that! Here is one adapted from Del Monte!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (or use 1 1/2 cups fresh if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 cup cooked kidney bean (or beans of choice)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 lb beef steak
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, cumin, beans, green onions, jalapeno and cilantro in bowl; set aside.
- Season meat with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook over hot coals (or broil) 3 to 5 minutes per side or until done as desired.
- Slice meat thin and top with tomato mixture.
- Serve over rice and garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!