1/1 Photo of Beef Steak Ranchero
My husband asked me to make his steak ranchero style, so naturally I went to Zaar to look up a recipe and to my surprise there was none. Well, I've fixed that! Here is one adapted from Del Monte!
My Private Note
cups to ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (or use 1 1/2 cups fresh if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 cup cooked kidney bean (or beans of choice)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 lb beef steak
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Mix tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, cumin, beans, green onions, jalapeno and cilantro in bowl; set aside.
- 2Season meat with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook over hot coals (or broil) 3 to 5 minutes per side or until done as desired.
- 3Slice meat thin and top with tomato mixture.
- 4Serve over rice and garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Steak Ranchero
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 196.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: