2 hrs 10 mins
Easy to make casserole using inexpensive round steak. Nice hearty meal on a cold day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs round steaks, tenderized and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups noodles, cooked and drained
- 1Heat 1 Tblsp. oil in large skillet. Season meat with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on both sides. Remove to a 9 x 12" casserole dish.
- 2In same pan, heat remaining oil. Saute green pepper, onion, celery, cabbage, and garlic 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomato sauce, tomato soup, and ketchup.
- 4Add oregano, basil, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Pour sauce mixture over meat in casserole.
- 6Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 7Cook noodles in plenty of boiling, salted water, 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- 8Serve meat and sauce over noodles.
- 9Add a tossed salad, garlic bread and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Steak & Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.9
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 863.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 41.1 g