Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chuck of steaks serve with mixed mushrooms.
Make and share this Beef Steak Kew With Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 flank steak, cut into 1 x 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried black mushrooms, soak and remove stems
- 1⁄2 lb oyster mushroom
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- cornstarch paste
- In a large bowl wash the beef cube in cold running water for five minutes. Drain for 30 minutes. In a mixing bowl baking soda, cornstarch, salt, sugar, Chinese rice wine, oil and water. Mix together into beef a blend well. Marinade the mixture overnight.
- In a hot skillet coat with oil and brown beef cube in small amount. Brown all side. Place onto a warm serving plate.
- In the same skillet reheat and coat with oil. Add Mushrooms, garlic and scallion and stirfry for two minutes. Add in beef stock and oyster sauces bring to a boil. Thicken with cornstarch roux. Blend in the steak kew mix well; pour into a warm serving platter.