Prep 13 mins
Cook 12 mins
A great recipe that turns plain old flank steak into a dish of elegance! You'll think you're eating in one of the finest bistros in France! You can plate this one in under a half an hour! From Beef Main Dishes.
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 lb beef flank steak
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen asparagus spears or 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed cooked and drained
- Coarsley crack the black peppers.
- Rub half of the peppers into each side of the steak.
- Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 6 minutes.
- Turn steak over and broil for 6 to 8 minutes more or until steak is to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness).
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a saucepan combine mushrooms, green onion, water, and bouillon granules.
- Cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir together yogurt, flour, and mustard.
- Stir yogurt mixture into mushroom mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Then, cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- To serve, thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain.
- Arrange steak slices ad asparagus on dinner plates.
- Serve with sauce.
This was decent.