A great recipe that turns plain old flank steak into a dish of elegance! You'll think you're eating in one of the finest bistros in France! You can plate this one in under a half an hour! From Beef Main Dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 lb beef flank steak
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus spears or 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed cooked and drained
- 1Coarsley crack the black peppers.
- 2Rub half of the peppers into each side of the steak.
- 3Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- 4Broil 3 inches from heat for 6 minutes.
- 5Turn steak over and broil for 6 to 8 minutes more or until steak is to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness).
- 6Meanwhile, for sauce, in a saucepan combine mushrooms, green onion, water, and bouillon granules.
- 7Cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 8Stir together yogurt, flour, and mustard.
- 9Stir yogurt mixture into mushroom mixture.
- 10Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 11Then, cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 12To serve, thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain.
- 13Arrange steak slices ad asparagus on dinner plates.
- 14Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Steak Dijon
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 192.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 35.1 g