Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs 15 mins
From Betty Crocker. This is a mild chili. Add hot sauce to add heat.
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the first 9 ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Stir in bell pepper, beans, and hot sauce (if using); increase heat to HIGH; cook about 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with cheese.