Beef Steak Cantonese Style
- Mix together the ginger, half the spring onions, the wine, 3 tablespoons water, soy sauce. Add the beef slices, mix well together and leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 350 degree.
- Mix together the plain flour and half the cornstarch.
- Remove the beef from the marinade, dust with the flour and deep-fry for about 30 seconds. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off most of the oil from the wok, leaving about 1 tablespoon. Reheat the wok, and add salt. Stir-fry for about 1 1/2 minutes then remove and arrange in a ring on a serving dish.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok and add the remaining soy sauce, the tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Blend the remaining cornstarch with the remaining water and add to the wok to thicken the sauce. Bring to the boil then add the beef slices. Sprinkle with the remaining spring onions and serve.