Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I adopted from Recipezaar on February 13, 2005.
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced butter mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup water
- parsley (to garnish)
- Marinate the beef in red wine for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Reserve liquid.
- Cook bacon take off pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, Sauté onion until wilted, set aside.
- Pan fry the marinated beef until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt, peppercorn and pinch of thyme.
- Cover the meat with the reserved liquid and water.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until beef in tender.
- Add more water if necessary to avoid over drying.
- Stir in sautéed mushrooms.
- Transfer in a platter, top with bacon pieces and parsley.
- Serve immediately.