Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was looking for a heartier spanish rice that I could serve as a meal. This one did the trick!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 ounces diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 1. Brown the ground beef with the bell pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are translucent.
- 2. Drain ground beef and return to pan.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients (except for cilantro). Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- 4. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
This was a great recipe...I did add 5 pieces of cooked bacon to it...great fast dinner!