Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and tasty soup/stew. I learned it from my mom but is also well known in my country--Bulgaria. This recipe is pretty open for extra ingredients if you would like to add something or more of some of the products.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb stew beef chunk
- 3 potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 2 -3 mushrooms (whichever you prefer, if you don't like them don't include them)
- 1 onion
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1 table spoon oil
- whole black peppercorn
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Put the beef with water and little salt in saucepan/stewpot. Boil them for about 10-15 minute or till you are through preparing the rest of the products.
- Clean and chop the carrots, parsnip, onion, potatoes, mushrooms, and tomato.
- When you are all done with the veg preparation, just add them to the boiling beef with little bit more salt, few black peppercorns, some oregano leaves, thyme and oil.
- Soup is cooking for about another 15-20 minutes then you add the bouillon cube; cook few more minutes. When all the ingredients are ready and you turn off the stove, add chopped fresh parsley.