Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't made this yet, but since the weather is still very chilly I am looking forward to trying it.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 lb round steak, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cups beef broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add the beef, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until the meat is not pink and the carrots and celery are slightly tender. Add beef broth, oregano, salt & pepper to taste, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minues uncovered. Then stir in zucchini, mushrooms and kidney beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
This was really tasty! Instead of using oregano, I used basil (it's all I had on hand, since I'm a college student). I also marinated the beef in honey garlic marinade for a few hours in the fridge before cooking. I omitted the celery and mushrooms, though because my roommate didn't like them, but it still turned out amazing. I will definitely make this again.