Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Food Network it's a Robin Miller recipe from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller.
- cooking spray
- 4 bunches fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups cooked shredded beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- For asparagus:
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper. Wrap garlic cloves in foil and place on baking sheet next to asparagus. Roast for 15 minutes, until asparagus and garlic are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- For tacos:
- While the asparagus is roasting, in a large skillet on medium-high heat, combine beef, chili sauce, green chiles, and chili powder and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- For garlic-avocado cream:
- In a medium bowl, combine roasted garlic, sour cream and avocado. Mash with a fork until blended and smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- For the salsa:
- Chop 1/4 of the asparagus into small pieces, making about 1 cup, reserve remaining asparagus for soup, about 4 cups. In a medium bowl, combine chopped asparagus, diced tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, spoon beef into tortillas and top with shredded lettuce and cheese. Serve garlic-avocado cream and asparagus salsa on the side.